25 May 2015 - NW1626
Bhanga, Mr BM to ask the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
(1) What (a) is the entire budget and (b) amount was spent thus far on the renovation of the palaces of Mpumalanga's (i) King Makhosoke II and (ii) King Mabhoko; (2) what is the budget for the building of four new Traditional Council offices; (3) what (a) benefits did the royal households of Mpumalanga receive from the Government in the 2014-15 financial year and (b) is the rand values of these benefits? NW 1843E
(1) (a) The entire budget for the refurbishment was R 2 million.
(1) (b) An amount of R 2 million was spent on the renovations.
(i) For King MakhosokeII an amount of R 1 million was spent.
(ii) For King Mabhoko Ill an amount of R 1 million was spent.
(2) The budget for the construction of the Traditional Council offices was R10 million.
(3) The Honourable Member is requested to note that the Department does not provide any benefits to the royal households. The Provincial government budgets for administrative grants for traditional councils/king's council as well as funding for cultural events.