Question NW1070 to the Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform

Share this page:

14 August 2017 - NW1070

Profile picture: Motau, Mr SC

Motau, Mr SC to ask the Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform

(a) How many registered communal property associations (CPA) exist in areas (i) administered, (ii) controlled and/or (iii) governed by traditional councils in each (aa) province and/or (bb) district and (b) what is the name of each (i) CPA and/or (ii) trust, respectively?


(a)(i),(ii),(iii)(aa),(bb),(b)(i),(ii) The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform’s Communal Property Institutions (CPI) Directorate only maintains a database of CPAs according to provinces. The database does not contain information on specific location of a CPA, or whether they are located within areas governed and controlled by traditional councils. The Department has registered 1513 CPAs to date. Details are submitted with National Assembly, Question 1068 and are also published in the Annual Report on CPAs tabled in Parliament annually.

Source file