Question NW4027 to the Minister of Human Settlements

Share this page:

20 December 2023 - NW4027

Profile picture: Buthelezi, Ms SA

Buthelezi, Ms SA to ask the Minister of Human Settlements

Whether her department has any functional measures in place to combat intimidation and abuse faced by the municipal workers who report and attempt to report corruption and maladministration in municipalities; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?


According to the Case Management Register for the past 3 financial years, including the current financial year the Department did not receive complaints or allegations from municipal officials relating to fraud, corruption and maladministration.

Municipal officials can report allegations of housing fraud and corruption by making use of the following reporting mechanisms:

  • DHS Special Investigations Directorate: 012 421 1503/1416/1535
  • DHS Call Centre: 0800 146 873
  • DHS Reception/Call Centre walk in reporting at 240 Justice Mahomed Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria
  • National Anti-Corruption Hotline: 0800 701 701
  • The Presidential Hotline: 17737


Source file