30 September 2022 - NW2936
Graham, Ms SJ to ask the Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
(1)What is the status of the boards of the (a) Acacia Park, (b) Laboria Park and (c) Pelican Park Parliamentary Villages, (2) whether each board comprises the requisite number of members; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (3) whether the boards have met the threshold of (a) board and (b) resident meetings since 1 January 2019; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
The Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
(1) The Parliamentary Villages Management Board was appointed by the Minister on 26 November 2022
(a) The following Members represent Acacia Park;
- Hon H April, MP
- Hon B Tshwete, MP
- Hon T Letsie, MP
- Mr G Kobo, Sessional Official
(b) The following Members represent Laboria Park;
- Hon J Manganye, MP. The Member replaced the late Hon Nkosi, MP, who was the Laboria Park residents committee, chairperson.
- Hon R Semenya, MP
- Hon N Gantsho, MP
- Mr M Ndara, Sessional Official
(c) The following Members represent Pelican Park;
- Hon N Mvana, MP
- Hon P Mahlo, MP
- Hon Lesoma, MP
(2) Acacia and Laboria Park parliamentary villages are fully constituted. However, Pelican Park is not fully constituted as there is a vacancy for a sessional official.
(a) No, plans are afoot to convene a Board meeting at the beginning of October 2022, depending on the availability of Board Members.
The previous board appointed on 31 July 2020 met its threshold in that meetings were held as follows, 16 September 2020, 23 March 2021, 01 April 2021 and 07 June 2021.
(b) According to Rules, Conditions and General information, there is no threshold for residents' meetings.