18 June 2020 - NW995
Van Staden, Mr PA to ask the Minister of Health
(1)Whether, given the worldwide trend that statistics of positive cases and deaths due to Covid-19 are made available in terms of age, gender and race, he will consider to release statistics for positive cases and deaths in the Republic in terms of age, gender and race on a daily basis; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (2) whether he will make a statement on the matter?
1. We release data on Covid-19 daily. The following information is contained in the data daily reports to the public:
- Cumulative number of tests conducted by public and private sector laboratories;
- Daily new number of tests conducted by public and private sector laboratories;
- Cumulative number of positive cases identified by province;
- Cumulative number of recoveries by province;
- Cumulative number of deaths per province, including age and gender distribution of deaths; and
- We will indicate the issue of race classification later.
2. I am willing to make a statement in the House in this regard.