02 December 2019 - NW1639
Graham, Ms SJ to ask the Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
(1) What (a) was the rationale behind the decision to construct braai facilities at Ministerial residences and (b) number of houses received the braai facilities; (2) What was the (a) total cost of the braai facilities and (b) duration of the project; (3) Whether she has found that proper supply chain processes were followed in awarding the tender; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
The Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
1. I was informed by the Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (DPWI) that in 2017 (a) The rationale was to enhance functionality and property value.
(b) There were three (3) Ministerial residences that received braai facilities
2. (a) The total cost for the three (3) braai facilities was R 523,985.51
(b) The duration for the contract was six months
3. This was an open tender procurement process. It was advertised under tender number: CPT1029/16
- Advert date: 2 December 2016
- Closing Date: 25 January 2017
- There were eleven (11) bid documents received.
- The average value of all acceptable tenders was: R 1 063 942.89
- The lowest awarded contract value was: R 592 904. 48 ( Excl Vat)
- The Department had omission/exclusions of R 133 268. 07 ( Excl Vat
- The contract adjustment price became R 459 636. 41 (Excl vat)
- The final contract value was: R 523 985. 51 (Inclusive Vat)