30 August 2019 - NW320
Mileham, Mr K to ask the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy
(1) With reference to his reply to question 26 on 8 July 2019, by what date will he table the forensic report in the National Assembly; (2) whether any disciplinary action will be taken against anyone found to be implicated; if not, in each case, why not; if so, (a) what is the name of each person found to be implicated and (b) by what date will disciplinary action be taken in each case; (3) whether any (a) criminal and/or (h) civil action is envisaged as a result of the conclusion of the investigation; if not, why not; if so, what is the (i) name of each person in this regard and (ii) current status of the criminal and/or civil action; (4) Whether the costs incurred as a result of (a) the sale of the strategic fuel reserves under investigation, (b) the resulting investigation and (c) all criminal and civil action taken and planned will be recovered from those persons found guilty; if not, in each case, why not; if so, what are the relevant details in each case? NW1287
(1) The forensic report will be tabled in Parliament once all the necessary internal governance processes are completed.
(2) Appropriate action and sanction will be taken against those found to be implicated in due course.
(a) Given that the civil litigation and parallel criminal investigation processes are at a sensitive and critical stage and we would not want to jeopardise the case it is thus that further details in relation to name of the implicated parties will be disclosed at an appropriate time.
(b) The timing of the disciplinary action will also be based on the outcomes of the parallel civil litigation and criminal investigation process currently under way.
(3) (a)(b) It is the intent of the organisation to fully pursue appropriate civil and criminal action without any fear or favour with the intentions of ensuring restoring good governance and curbing any harmful acts of dishonesty and associated activities in our State Owned Entities.
(i)(ii) Details pertaining to this process will be disclosed in due course given that the civil litigation and parallel criminal investigation is at sensitive stage.
(4) In line with legislation and best practice the entity intents to fully ensure that all costs incurred by the state in relation to this matter are recovered from those that are found to be implicated in the sale of the strategic reserves. This is to• end a very strong message that such behaviours cannot be tolerated and will be dealt with harshly