22 September 2015 - NW3345
Groenewald, Dr PJ to ask the Minister of Public Enterprises
(1) Whether any insurance money was paid out due to damages sustained after pressure tests at the Duvha Power Station; if not, why not; if so, what (a) amount was paid out for repair work, (b) amount was paid out due to loss of business and (c) other amounts were paid out by the insurers; (2) whether the full amount that was paid out for repairs to the damaged units was, indeed, utilised for the specified repairs; if not, (a) why not, (b) what amount was utilised for the repairs and (c) what was the remaining money used for; (3) whether any repair work on the damaged units has already commenced; if not, why not; if so, when will the repair work be completed; (4) whether she will make a statement on the matter?
(1) The insurance claim has not yet been concluded and no money has been paid out.
(2) Not applicable as no money has been paid to Eskom.
(3) The Duvha Unit 3 Recovery Project execution strategy has not yet been approved by the Eskom Board. Only preservation and site preparation work has commenced. Timelines into recovery will only be definite once a service provider has been appointed.
(4) The relevant stakeholders will be kept abreast of these developments as required.