10 October 2017 - NW2702
America, Mr D to ask the Minister of Police
(1) What (a) is the current status of the investigation of the Bedfordview CAS 152/04/2017 and (b) are the charges contained in the specified docket; (2) whether any suspects have been arrested to date; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (3) whether any (a) suspects and/or (b) witnesses have been interviewed; if not, why not in each case; if so, (i) on what date and (ii) what are the further relevant details; (4) by what date does he expect the investigation to be finalised?
(1) Bedfordview CAS 152/04/2017 was closed as it was a duplicate of Bedfordview CAS 205/04/2017.
(1)(a) Bedfordview CAS 205/04/2017 is currently still being investigated.
(1)(b) A charge of culpable homicide was registered.
(2) No suspect has been arrested.
(3)(a) A warning statement was obtained from the driver of the vehicle.
- The warning statement was obtained on 29 May 2017.
- The case docket will be submitted to the Senior Public Prosecutor for a decision, once all the relevant statements have been obtained.
(3)(b) Six witnesses have been interviewed.
(i) The witnesses’ statements were obtained on 20 April 2017, 29 May 2017 and 30 May 2017.
(ii) The case docket will be submitted to the Senior Public Prosecutor (SPP), for a decision once the investigation has been completed.
(4) The case docket will be submitted to the SPP, for a decision on prosecution, once the investigation has been completed.