23 April 2021 - NW746
Hicklin, Ms MB to ask the Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure
(a) How often does her department undertake regular maintenance at the Parliamentary Villages, (b) who replaced the previous contractor (name furnished) whose contract expired at the end of 2020, (c) what services does the current contractor provide, (d) does the current contractor have a permanent presence in the Villages, (e) what are the relevant details of the budget allocated to the contractor for the 2020-21 financial year and (f) were appropriate tender processes followed?
The Minister of Public Works and Infrastructure:
I am informed by the Department that:
- The Department undertakes maintenance on a day-to-day basis.
- The Department has various maintenance contractors appointed to render day-to-day maintenance according to their building disciplines.
- The current contractors provide:
- Maintenance and Repairs to domestic appliances ie. fridges, stoves, etc.;
- Maintenance to pumps, pools and irrigation systems;
- Maintenance to fire detection / protection / suppression systems and access control (CCTV, automated doors / gates, PA systems, surveillance);
- Maintenance and repairs to air-conditioning;
- Buiding services;
- Pest control;
- Repairs and service to standby generators and electrical; and
- Plumbing services.
- No, term contractors are available as and when required.
- The budget for services is R25 million.
- Yes, all tenders are advertised on the Government Tender Bulletin (National).