South African Language Practitioners' Council Bill [B14-2013].Call for comments opened 08 August 2013 Share this page:
The Portfolio Committee on Arts and Culture invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submission on the South African Language Practitioners' Council Bill [B14-2013].
The purpose of the South African Practitioners' Council Bill (B14-2013) is to:
▪ provide for the establishment of the South African Language Practitioners' Council;
▪ provide for the objects, powers, duties and functions of the Council;
▪ determine the manner in which the Council is to be managed, governed, staffed and financed;
▪ regulate the training of language practitioners;
▪ provide for control of the accreditation and registration of language practitioners.
Public hearings will be held in Parliament on Tuesday, 20 August & Wednesday, 21 August 2013.
Comments can be emailed to Ajabulile Mtiya at email@example.com by no later than 12:00 on Friday, 16 August 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Ajabulile Mtiya on tel (021) 403 8106 or cell 083 709 8389.
Issued by: Hon Ms T.B. Sunduza, MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Arts and Culture