Property Practitioners BillCall for comments opened 24 July 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 10 August 2018)
The Portfolio Committee on Human Settlements invites you to submit written comments on the Property Practitioners Bill [B 21 - 2018].
The Bill seeks to:
▪ provide for the regulation of property practitioners;
▪ provide for the continuation of the Estate Agency Affairs Board as the Property Practitioners Regulatory Authority;
▪ provide for the appointment of the members of the Board and matters incidental thereto;
▪ provide for the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer and other staff members of the Authority; to provide for the establishment, appointment, powers and functions of the Property Practitioner’s Ombud Office;
▪ provide for compliance with and enforcement of the provisions of the Act;
▪ provide for the continuation of the Estate Agents Fidelity Fund as the Property Practitioners Fidelity Fund;
▪ provide for consumer protection;
▪ provide for the repeal of the Estate Agency Affairs Act, 1976; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Please indicate your interest in making a verbal presentation to the Committee.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Koliswa Pasiya-Mndende at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 10 August 2018
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Koliswa Pasiya-Mndende on tel (021) 403 3725
Track the progress of the Bill here