Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10B-2016]Call for comments opened 25 April 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 May 2018)
NCOP Land Reform, Environment, Mineral Resources and Energy
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites you to submit written comments on the Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10B-2016] (S75).
The Bill seeks to amend the liquor Products Act, 1989, so as to:
▪ insert certain definitions and to amend and delete others;
▪ provide for the renaming and reconstitution of the Wine and Spirit Board and to limit its powers;
▪ provide for requirements regarding beer, traditional African beer and other fermented beverages;
▪ repeal a provision in respect of the authorisations regarding certain alcohol products;
▪ empower the Minister to designate a person to issue export certificates;
▪ align certain provisions with the Constitution; to extend the Minister’s power to make regulations;
▪ provide gender-equal terminology.
All correspondence should be address to Mr OJ Sefako, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources
Comments can be emailed to Mr Asgar A Bawa at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday, 20 May 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Asgar A Bawa on tel (021) 403 3762 or cell 083 709 8530
Issued by: Mr OJ Sefako, MP, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources.