Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10B-2016]Call for comments opened 25 April 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 May 2018)
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites you to submit written comments on the Liquor Products Amendment Bill [B 10B-2016] (S75).
The Bill seeks to amend the liquor Products Act, 1989, so as to:
▪ insert certain definitions and to amend and delete others;
▪ provide for the renaming and reconstitution of the Wine and Spirit Board and to limit its powers;
▪ provide for requirements regarding beer, traditional African beer and other fermented beverages;
▪ repeal a provision in respect of the authorisations regarding certain alcohol products;
▪ empower the Minister to designate a person to issue export certificates;
▪ align certain provisions with the Constitution; to extend the Minister’s power to make regulations;
▪ provide gender-equal terminology.
All correspondence should be address to Mr OJ Sefako, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources
Comments can be emailed to Mr Asgar A Bawa at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Sunday, 20 May 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Asgar A Bawa on tel (021) 403 3762 or cell 083 709 8530
Issued by: Mr OJ Sefako, MP, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources.