Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Bill [B15D-2013]Call for comments opened 03 March 2017 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 22 March 2017)
The Select Committee on Land and Mineral Resources invites you to submit written comments on the Mineral And Petroleum Resources Development Amendment Bill [B 15D-2013].
The Bill seeks to amend the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002, as amended by the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2008 (Act No. 49 of 2008); so as to:
▪ remove ambiguities that exist within the Act;
▪ provide for the regulation of associated minerals, partitioning of rights and enhance provisions relating to the regulation of the mining industry through beneficiation of minerals or mineral products;
▪ promote national energy security; to streamline administrative processes;
▪ align the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act with the Geoscience Act, 1993 (Act No. 100 of 1993), as amended by the Geoscience Amendment Act, 2010 (Act No. 16 of 2010);
▪ provide for enhanced sanctions;
▪ improve the regulatory system.
Find here: Dates, Venues and Contact Details for Provincial Meetings and Public Hearings
Comments can be emailed to Mr Asgar A Bawa at email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, 22 March 2017