Nominations: Appointment of members to the Board of the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)Call for comments opened 30 November 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 11 December 2015)
The Portfolio Committee on Public Service and Administration as. well as Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and its chairperson Ms BP Mabe MP hereby invites application from suitable candidates, organisations, institutions and civil society 'or the appointment of the Members of the Board of the National Youth Development Agency.
The Board is established in terms of the National Youth Development Agency Act (54 of 2008) and consists of seven members. Members hold office for a period of three (3) years. Its functions are to manage the affairs o' the National Youth Development Agency and exercise control over its powers and execution of its function. The President will, on recommendation by Parliament, appoint members to serve on the National Youth Development Agency.
The Nominee or Individual applicant must:
• Be a South African citizen
• Comply with all or any of the requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the National Youth Development Agency Act, 2008.
• Possess three year degree. Post graduate qualification will serve as an added advantage.
• Candidate must have experience about youth affairs and development.
Nominations and applications must contain full name and address of the person/organisation making the nomination, a signed acceptance (in case of a nomination) and the Curriculum Vitae providing the candidate's:
• Full name, identity document (ID) number and gender;
• Address and telephone and fax numbers (where applicable);
• Previous experience, quoting dates and organisation concerned; and
• Recently certified academic qualifications.
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Ms Bulelwa Madikane at Bmadikane@parliament.gov.za by no later than Friday, 11 December 2015 at 12:00
Enquiries please contact Ms Bulelwa Madikane on tel (021) 403 2223 or cell 083 709 8487.
Please note that applicants will be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance
Late submissions will not be considered.