The following shortlisted candidates were interviewed by the Committee on 12 March 2009:
1.Mr FJ Slabber
2.Ms P Kadi
3.Mr EB Letsoalo
4. Mr L Marincowitz
5. Mr LI Maile
6. Mr O Sipuko
7. Mr DD Adams
8. Ms I Motau
9. Mr G Mackenzie
Candidates were asked the following questions:
- The interviewee was asked to tell the Committee about him/herself
- They were to explain the differences between the National Youth Commission and the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
- Members asked interviewees what their vision was for the NYDA
- They were asked what values they thought a NYDA board member should have
- The Committee asked what skills and experience candidates would bring to the NYDA board
- Candidates were asked what major issues they thought the youth would face over the next ten years and what they would do to address these challenges
- Members asked the candidates to give their understanding of what the draft policy on youth development was
- The Committee wanted to know if candidates knew how the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and the Companies Act would be relevant to the board
- Interviewees were asked if they were involved in any other initiatives and how much time they would have to devote to NYDA and board activities
- Members wanted to know how candidates would make the NYDA accessible to the youth
- Candidates were asked how they would conduct themselves if there were disagreements within the board or if other board members disagreed with their ideas
- The Committee asked if there were sufficient and adequate structures in place to deal with challenges regarding youth development. If not, what would the candidates do to improve the situation?
- Interviewees were asked what they would do if there had to be major cuts in the NYDA budget
- Members asked each candidate if he/she had been convicted/imprisoned without the option of a fine, if he/she had ever been declared mentally unfit by a court of law, if he/she had ever been dismissed from office due to improper conduct and if he/she had ever been declared insolvent.
Refer to the audio link above to listen to candidates’ responses to these questions.
The meeting was adjourned.
Minutes for this committee meeting are not yet available.
No related documents
- We don't have attendance info for this committee meeting
Download as PDF
You can download this page as a PDF using your browser's print functionality. Click on the "Print" button below and select the "PDF" option under destinations/printers.
See detailed instructions for your browser here.