National Qualifications Framework Amendment Bill [B 20B—2018]Call for comments opened 28 January 2019 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 19 February 2019)
The Select Committee on Education and Recreation invites you to submit written comments on the National Qualifications Framework Amendment Bill.
The Amendment Bill seeks to:
▪ amend the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008, so as to amend and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the verification of all qualifications or part-qualifications by the SAQA;
▪ provide for the formulation of criteria for evaluating foreign qualifications;
▪ provide for the establishment and maintenance of separate registers of misrepresented or fraudulent qualifications or part-qualifications;
▪ provide for a separate register for professional designations;
▪ provide for the referral of qualifications or part-qualifications to the SAQA for verification and evaluation;
▪ provide for offences and penalties which have a bearing on fraudulent qualifications;
Written presentation must be received by no later than 12:00 on Tuesday 19, February 2019.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Noluthando Skaka at email@example.com by no later than 12:00 on Tuesday 19, February 2019.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Noluthando Skaka on tel (021) 403 3751 or cell 083 709 8520
Issued by MP Zwane, Ms LL, Chairperson: Select Committee on Education and Recreation.
The National Qualifications Framework Amendment Bill, 2018, (‘‘the Bill’’), seeks to amend the National Qualifications Framework Act, 2008 (Act No. 67 of 2008) (‘‘the principal Act’’), in order to strengthen the principal Act in various respects by inter alia, rectifying inconsistencies and closing gaps currently in the principal Act