National Research Foundation Amendment Bill [B23B-2017]Call for comments opened 18 October 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 09 November 2018)
The Select Committee on Communications and Public Enterprises invites you to comment on the National Research Foundation Amendment Bill [B23B-2017].
The Bill seeks to amend the National Research Foundation Act, 1998, so as to:
▪ delete and insert certain definitions;
▪ provide for the Minister to determine national policies and issue policy guidelines for implementation;
▪ extend the functions, powers and duties of the Foundation;
▪ empower the Minister to make regulations relating to the determination of national research facilities;
▪ provide for the withdrawal of the determination or transfer of a national research facility;
▪ empower the Minister to declare a research institution and its eligibility to receive funding;
▪ make certain textual alterations;
▪ provide for the liquidation of the Foundation;
▪ delete certain inappropriate or obsolete provisions; and to provide for matters connected therewith
Interested individuals and groups wishing to comment are kindly requested to forward written submissions to the Committee by no later than Friday, 09 November 2018.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Phumelele Lolly Sibisi at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 09 November 2018.
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Phumelele Lolly Sibisi on tel (021) 403 3660 or cell 083 709 8449.
Issued by: Ms Ellen Prins, MP Chairperson of the Select Committee on Communications and Public Enterprises.