Public Audit Amendment Bill [B13-2018]Call for comments opened 18 June 2018 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 22 June 2018)
The Select Committee on Finance (National Council of Provinces) invites you to make written comments on the Public Audit Amendment Bill [B13-2018].
The Bill seeks to amend the Public Audit Act, 2004, so as to:
• delete certain definitions and to insert new definitions;
• provide for certainty regarding the discretion of the Auditor General with regard to certain audits;
• authorise the Auditor-General to undertake performance audits and to provide audit or audit related services to an international association, body, institution or organisation;
• provide for the Auditor-General to refer suspected material irregularities arising from an audit performed under this Act, to a relevant public body for investigation; to empower the Auditor-General to take appropriate remedial action; to provide for the Auditor-General to issue a certificate of debt where an accounting officer or accounting authority failed to recover losses from a responsible person and to instruct the relevant executive authority to collect the debt;
• provide for the establishment, powers and functions of a remuneration committee;
• provide for consultation between the Independent Commission for the Remuneration of Public Office-bearers and the remuneration committee;
• provide for additional reporting requirements; to provide for the defraying of certain excess audit fees as a direct charge against the National Revenue Fund;
• revise the provisions relating to the appointment of an audit committee for the Auditor-General;
• provide that the Auditor-General makes regulations on specific issues;
• substitute certain expressions; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Public hearings will be conducted at Parliament on Tuesday, 26 June 2018.
Please note submissions and your indicate your intention to make an oral presentation is at 16:00 on Friday, 22 June 2018.
Comments can be emailed to Mr. Z Rento at email@example.com by no later than 16:00 on Friday, 22 June 2018
Enquiries can be directed to Mr. Z Rento on tel (021) 403 8071 or cell 083 707 2188
Issued by: Hon CJ de Beer, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Finance (National Council of Provinces)