Road Accident Benefit Scheme (RABS) BillCall for comments opened 02 November 2017 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 30 November 2017)
The Portfolio Committee on Transport invites interested people and stakeholders to submit written comments on the Road Accident Benefit Scheme (RABS) Bill [B 17 – 2017].
The Bill seeks:
- to provide for a social security scheme for the victims of road accidents;
- to establish the Road Accident Benefit Scheme Administrator to administer and implement the scheme;
- to provide a set of defined benefits on a no-fault basis to persons for bodily injury or death caused by or arising from road accidents;
- to exclude liability of certain persons otherwise liable for damages in terms of the common law; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
Comments can be sent to Valerie Carelse at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Thursday, 30 November 2017
Enquiries can be addressed to Valerie Carelse at email@example.com or 021 403 3272 or 083 709 8445
Track the Bill here