Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws Draft BillCall for comments opened 28 February 2017 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 31 March 2017)
Finance Standing Committee
The National Treasury invites you to comment on the Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws Draft Bill.
The Bill aims to:
• fix the rates of normal tax;
• amend the Transfer Duty Act, 1949; so as to amend transfer duty monetary thresholds;
• amend the Income Tax Act, 1962, so as to amend rates of tax and monetary amounts;
• amend the Customs and Excise Act, 1964, so as to amend rates of duty in Schedule 1 to that Act;
• insert an new part;
• insert a new section;
• insert new tariff items;
• amend the Taxation Laws Amendment Act, 2016 so as to change an effective date;
• amend the Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws Act, 2016 so as to make corrections.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Mmule Majola at email@example.com and Ms Adele Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 31 March 2017.