Comment: Deeds Registries Amendment Draft Bill, 2012Call for comments opened 08 April 2013 Share this page:
The Minister for Rural Development and Land Reform has approved the publication of the Draft Deeds Registries Amendment Bill, 2012 for public comment.
The Bill provides for:
- discretion in respect of the rectification of errors in the name of a person or the description of property mentioned in the deeds and other document;
- the issuing of certificate of registered title taking the place of deeds that have become incomplete or unserviceable;
- to substitute an obsolete reference;
- to substitute an outdated heading;
- to further regulate the updating of deeds in respect of the change of names of companies, close corporations and the surnames of women;
- to amend a definition; and to provide for other minor matters.
Comments can be emailed to Ms AS Reynolds at email@example.com by no later than Thursday,25 October 2012
Enquiries can be directed to Ms AS Reynolds on tel (012) 338 7236