Communal Property Association Draft Bill, 2016Call for comments opened 29 April 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 29 May 2016)
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reforms has published the Communal Property Association Bill 2016 and the Explanatory Memorandum, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to amend the Communal Property Associations Act, 1996, so as to:
• amend, insert and delete certain definitions;
• extend the application of the Act to labour tenants who acquired land;
• provide for the establishment of a Communal Property Associations Office and the appointment of a Registrar of Communal Property Associations;
• provide for general plans for land administered by an association;
• repeal the provisions relating to provisional associations;
• provide improved protection of the rights of communities in respect of movable and immovable • • property administered by an association;
• provide for name changes of associations;
• improve the provisions relating to the management of an association that has been placed under administration;
• provide clarity on the content of an annual report in respect of associations;
• make provision for transitional arrangements.
Comments can be emailed to Adv. Sello Ramasala at CPABill@drdlr.gov.za by no later than Sunday, 29 May 2016.