Nominations: Appointment of persons to serve on the Board of the National Youth Development AgencyCall for comments opened 11 March 2016 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 17 March 2016)
The Ad Hoc Joint Committee on Appointment of Board Members to the National Youth Development Agency and its Co-Chairpersons Hon MP Mapulane and Hon GM Manopole invites applications from suitable candidates, organisations, institutions and civil society for the appointment of the Members of the Board of the National Youth Development Agency.
The Board is established in terms of the National Youth Development Agency Act (Act No.54 of 2008) and consists of seven members. Members hold office for a period of three (3) years. Its functions are to manage the affairs of the National Youth Development Agency and exercise control over its powers and execution of its function. The President will, on recommendation by Parliament, appoint members to serve on the National Youth Development Agency.
The Nominee or individual applicant must:
• Be a South African citizen
• Comply with all or any of the requirements prescribed by national legislation, in particular the National Youth Development Agency Act, 2008
• Possess three year post-matric qualification. Post-graduate qualification will serve as an added advantage
• Candidate must have experience about youth affairs and development
Nominations and applications must contain the full name and address of the person/organisation making the nomination, a signed acceptance (in case of a nomination) and the Curriculum Vitae providing the candidate’s:
• Full name, identity document (ID) number and gender;
• Address and telephone and fax numbers (where applicable);
• Previous experience, quoting dates and organisation concerned; and
• Recently certified academic qualifications
Nominations must be addressed to the Committee Secretary, Mr Moses Manele at email@example.com by no later than Thursday, 17 March 2016 at 16:00.
Enquiries please contact Mr Moses Manele on tel (021) 403 3823 or cell 083 709 8534
Please note applications motivating the suitability of each candidate and including comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted to the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa
The applications/nominations received in the previous calls will be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17 March 2016 at 16:00. Please note that applicants will be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late submissions will not be considered.