Labour Laws Amendment Draft Bill [PMB6-2015]Call for comments opened 01 December 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 25 December 2015)
Notice is given that Cheryllyn Dudley MP intends introducing a private member’s bill in the National Assembly shortly in order to address a number of matters pertaining to parental, adoption and commissioning parental leave and related benefits.
A copy of the draft Labour Laws Amendment Bill and a memorandum setting out its objectives are included in the schedule to this notice in fulfilment of the requirements of Rule 241(1)(c) of the Rules of the National Assembly.
Bill seeks to amend the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, 1997, so as to:
▪ correct an obsolete reference to an Act;
▪ provide for parental, adoption and commissioning parental leave to employees;
▪ provide that a collective agreement may not reduce an employee’s entitlement to parental, adoption or commissioning parental leave;
▪ amend the Unemployment Insurance Act, 2001, so as to provide for the right to claim parental and commissioning parental benefits from the Unemployment Insurance Fund;
▪ provide for the application for, and the payment of, parental and commissioning parental benefits from the Unemployment Insurance Fund; to correct an obsolete reference to an Act;
▪ provide that the number of contributors to whom parental and commissioning parental benefits were paid and the amount of such payments be included in the written report from the Director-General to the Minister.
Interested parties and institutions are invited to submit written representations on the draft bill
Comments can emailed to Mr G Mgidlana at firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com by no later than Friday, 25 December 2015.