Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge Systems Bill, 2014Call for comments opened 20 March 2015 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 20 May 2015)
The Department of Science and Technology, has published the Protection, Promotion, Development and Management of Indigenous Knowledge Systems Bill, 2014, and is asking you to comment.
Bill seeks to provide for the protection, promotion, development and management of indigenous knowledge systems:
▪ provide for the establishment and functions of the National Indigenous Knowledge Systems Office;
▪ provide for the management of rights of indigenous knowledge holders; to provide for the establishment and functions of the Advisory Panel on indigenous knowledge systems;
▪ provide for access and conditions of access to knowledge of indigenous communities;
▪ provide for the registration, accreditation and certification of indigenous knowledge holders and practitioners;
▪ provide for the facilitation and coordination of indigenous knowledge systems-based innovation; and to provide for matters incidental thereto.
Comments can be emailed to Ms Shumi Pango at Shumi.email@example.com by no later than Wednesday, 20 May 2015