Medicines and Related Substances Amendment Bill [B6-2014]Call for comments opened 22 September 2014 Share this page:
The Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Health (National Assembly) invites you to submit written comments on Medicines and Related Substances Amendment Bill [B6-2014]
The Bill seeks to amend the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, so as to:
▪ define certain expressions and to delete or amend certain definitions;
▪ to provide for the objects and functions of the Authority;
▪ to provide for the composition, appointment of chairperson, vice-chairperson and members, disqualification of members, meetings and committees of the Board of the Authority;
▪ to replace the word "products" with the word "medicines" and expression "Scheduled substances" in order to correctly reflect the subject matter of the Act;
▪ and to effect certain technical corrections.
Public hearings will be held in Parliament on Wednesday, 29 and Friday, 31 October & Wednesday, 5 November 2014.
Written submissions and requests for oral submissions must be addressed to: The Committee Secretary
Comments can be emailed to Ms Vuyokazi Majalamba at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 3 October 2014, at 12:00
Enquiries can be directed to Ms Vuyokazi Majalamba, on tel (021) 403-3770 or Cell: 083 709 8522
Issued by Ms ML Dunjwa, MP, Chairperson of the Portfolio Committee on Health