Children's Amendment Draft Bill, 2013Call for comments opened 18 November 2013 Share this page:
The Minister of Social Development intends to introduce the Children's Amendment Bill into Parliament next year.
The Bill amends the Children's Act, 2005, so as to:
▪ insert a definition; to provide that a person convicted of a sexual offence be deemed unsuitable to work with children;
▪ to deem persons convicted of a sexual offence, whether in or outside the Republic, unsuitable to work with children;
▪ to instruct the National Commissioner of the South African Police Service to forward all the particulars of persons deemed unsuitable to work with children to the Director-General;
▪ to instruct the Director-General, to enter such particulars in the National Child Protection Register;
▪ to provide that the removal of a child to a temporary safe care without a court order be placed before the Children's Court for review before the expiry of the next court day;
▪ to provide for the review of decisions to remove a child without a court order.
Interested person are invited to submit substantiated comment or representations on the draft Bill.
Comments can be emailed to Mr. Siyabonga Shozi at Siyabongas@dsd.gov.za by no later than Sunday, 15 December 2013.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr. Siyabonga Shozi on tel (012) 312 7107