National Land Transport Amendment BillCall for comments opened 06 March 2023 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 24 April 2023
NCOP Transport, Public Service and Administration, Public Works and Infrastructure
The Select Committee on Transport, Public Service and Administration, Public Works and Infrastructure invites you to submit written comments on the National Land Transport Amendment Bill [B7F—2016].
The Bill seeks to:
▪ amend the National Land Transport Act, 2009,
▪ insert certain definitions and amend others;
▪ provide for non-motorised and accessible transport;
▪ bring the Act up to date with developments since the implementation of the Act;
▪ provide for certain powers of provinces to conclude contracts for public transport services;
▪ expand the powers of the Minister to make regulations and introduce safety measures;
▪ amend other transport-related legislation to bring it into line with the Act; and to clarify or simplify various provisions or solve problems that have arisen since the implementation of the Act; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
Submissions can be emailed to Mr Hlupheka Mtileni at email@example.com by no later than Monday 24 April, 2023.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Hlupheka Mtileni on cell 0837098448
In addition to the written comments, please indicate your interest in making a verbal representation to the Committee.
The closing date for accepting written submissions is Monday 24 April, 2023.
Issued by Mr MK Mmoiemang, MP, Chairperson of the Select Committee on Transport, Public Service and Administration, Public Works and Infrastructure
Track the bill here
How to write a submission