Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Amendment BillCall for comments opened 01 March 2023 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 21 March 2023)
Finance Standing Committee
The Standing Committee on Finance invites stakeholders and interested parties to submit written submissions on the Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Amendment Bill [B21 – 2022].
The Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Amendment Bill [B21 – 2022] aims to:
- Amend the Municipal Fiscal Powers and Functions Act, 2007 to-
- regulate the power of municipalities to levy development charges;
- set out the permissible uses of income from development charges;
- provide for the basis of calculation of development charges;
- provide for municipal development charges policies;
- provide for community participation and making of by-laws in order to give effect to policy on development charges;
- provide for engineering services agreements;
- provide for the installation of external engineering services by applicants instead of payment of development charges;
- provide for the consequences of non-provision of infrastructure by a municipality;
- provide for rebate and exemption on the payment of development charges;
- provide for dispute resolution, delegations and financial misconduct and transitional provisions relating to development charges; and
- empower the Minister to make regulations for the effective implementation of matters relating to development charges; and
- Amend the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act, 2013
Submissions must be sent to the Committee Secretaries, Mr Allen Wicomb and Ms Teboho Sepanya at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com by no later than 12:00 on Tuesday, 21 March 2023.
Those who want to make submissions at public hearings on Wednesday, 22 March 2023 should specifically request this. These hearings will be conducted through Zoom.
Issued by Hon. J Maswanganyi, MP, Chairperson: Standing Committee on Finance (National Assembly)
Track the bill here
How to write a submission