Nominations: Information Regulator membersCall for comments opened 30 July 2021 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 30 August 2021)
The Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services invites nominations from individuals, organisations, institutions and civil society for Four 4 suitable persons to be appointed as members of the Information Regulator for a period of five years.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act NO 4 of 2013, members of the Regulator must be South African citizens who are appropriately qualified, fit and proper persons—
• at least one of whom must be appointed on account of experience as a practising advocate or attorney or a professor of law at a university; and
• the remainder of whom must be appointed on account of any other qualifications, expertise and experience relating to the objects of the Regulator.
Nominations must contain the full name, address/email address and contact details of the person or organisation making the nomination; a signed acceptance of the nomination by the nominee; and a Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing the nominee’s:
• Full name, ID number and gender;
• Contact details including physical address, telephone / cell number and email address;
• Relevant previous experience (including relevant dates and organisations concerned); and
• Academic qualifications.
Nominations must be emailed to Mr Vhonani Ramaano, firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Monday, 30 August 2021.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr V Ramaan cell: 083 709 8427
Issued by Mr BG Magwanishe MP, Chairperson: Portfolio Committee on Justice and Correctional Services