Feeds and Pet Food Bill - draftCall for comments opened 20 February 2019 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 09 April 2019)
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries has published the draft Feeds and Pet Food Bill, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to provide for:
• regulation of feed and pet food,
• regulation of feed ingredients used in the manufacturing of feed and pet food,
• licensing or registration of facilities used for the manufacturing of feed or pet food,
• appointment of a Registrar to administer the Act,
• appointment of advisory committees
• advisers, assignees, auditors, and inspectors to assist the Registrar in the exercise of his or her powers in the regulation, compliance monitoring and enforcement of this Act.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Jonathan Mudzunga at [email protected] by no later than Tuesday, 9 April 2019.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Jonathan Mudzunga on tel (012) 319 7303