National Gambling Amendment Bill [B 27B - 2018]Call for comments opened 11 February 2019 Share this page:
Submissions are now closed (since 18 February 2019)
The Select Committee on Trade and International Relations invites you to submit written comments on the National Gambling Amendment Bill [B 27B - 2018].
The Bill seeks to amend the National Gambling Act, 2004, so as to:
• amend and delete certain definitions;
• provide for the procedure for the forfeiture of unlawful winnings to the National Gambling Regulator;
• provide for the quorum to make a final decision in the second meeting with the majority of the members present in that meeting;
• provide for the dissolution of the National Gambling Board;
• provide for the establishment of the National Gambling Regulator;
• provide for the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer and Deputy Chief Executive Officer in the National Gambling Regulator;
• provide for the powers of the national inspectorate to curb payments emanating from illegal gambling activities;
• enhance the powers and duties of the gambling inspector;
• provide for transitional arrangements.
Comments can be emailed to Mr Hlupheka Mtileni at [email protected] by no later than Monday, 18 February 2019
In addition to the written submissions, please indicate your interest in making a verbal representation to the Committee.
Enquiries can be directed to Mr Hlupheka Mtileni on tel (021) 403 8077 or cell 083 709 8448
Issued by Mr ER Makue, MP, Chairperson: Select Committee on Trade and International Relations