National State Enterprises Draft Bill 2023Call for comments opened 15 September 2023 Share this page:
Submissions must be received by no later than 14 October 2023
The Department of Public Enterprises has published the draft National State Enterprises Bill 2023, and is asking you to comment.
The Bill seeks to:
• establish the State Asset Management SOC Ltd;
• provide for the State as the sole shareholder of a holding company;
• consolidate the State’s shareholdings in state enterprises;
• provide for the powers of the shareholder on behalf of the State;
• provide for the phased succession of state enterprises to the holding company;
• provide for the holding company’s powers as shareholder of subsidiaries;
• provide for the restructuring and management of subsidiaries for developmental purposes;
• provide for appropriate and effective performance monitoring mechanisms over subsidiaries;
• provide for the corporatisation of those state enterprises that are not registered as companies; and to provide for matters connected therewith
Comments can be emailed to Adv Melanchton Makobe at [email protected] by no later than Saturday, 14 October 2023.
Enquiries can be directed to Adv Melanchton Makobe on tel (012) 431 1094