Reply received: March 2014
QUESTION NUMBER: 73
Ms M R Shinn (DA) to ask the Minister in The Presidency: Performance Monitoring and Evaluation as well as Administration in the Presidency
(1) What are the (a) circumstances that led to the resignation of a certain chief executive officer (CEO) (name furnished) of the Media Development and Diversity Agency (MDDA), (b) terms of his resignation and (c) details of any serverance package/payout of the remainder of the contract, if any;
(2) Was an investigation either by (a) the Presidency or (b) an external department or (c) agency conducted into the circumstances that prompted his resignation; if so, (i) who conducted the investigation and (ii) what was the (aa) nature, (bb) finding and (cc) subsequent action;
(3) was the misuse of state funds via the MDDA budget by the CEO the cause of his resignation; if so, (a) how much was involved, (b) for what was it misused and (c) what steps are being taken to recoup the misused fund?
(1) (a) The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Media Development Diversity Agency (MDDA) did-not resign. However, the CEO has notified the Board of the MDDA that he will not be serving 3rd term of office.
(b) Falls away.
(c) Falls away.
(2) Falls away.
(3) Falls away.
Reply received: March 2014
QUESTION NUMBER: 63
DATE FOR PUBLICATION: 14 FEBRUARY 2014
Mr J JMcGluwa (ID) to ask the Minister in The Presidency: Performance Monitoring and Evaluation as well as Administration
(1) How much does the Presidency plan to spend on (a) advertising, (b) communication and (c) marketing between 1 January 2014 and 30 April 2014 (i) in total and (ii) as a breakdown of the amount;
(2) what mediums is the Presidency going to use in each case and (b) who is the service provider to be used;
(3) what is the main message that the Presidency plans to communicate during this time? NW64E
(1) (a) The Presidency does not do advertising outside the normal Human Resources Management advertising for the filling of vacancies. The envisaged advertising of vacant posts intended to be advertised between 1 January 2014 and 30 April 2014 is a maximum of four (4) posts at senior management level in the Sunday Times (national media, as required by legislation)
(i) in total: approximately R90,000 (ii) as a breakdown of the amount is approximately R22,500 per advertisement of one post. (b) The Presidency does not do marketing.
(c) The only external communication platforms that are managed by Corporate Information Management are The Presidency's Website, Facebook and twitter accounts.
· Facebook and Twitter = at cost.
· Hosting & maintenance of the Presidency's Website - April 2013 – September 2013 = R 180 576.00.
· Hosting & maintenance of the Presidency's Website - October 2013 – March 2014 = R 204 516.00.
· Re-design of the Presidency's website was also done during this reporting period = R 150 822.00 (This website will go live at the end of March 2014).
(2) The Media are the Print media and electronic media. (b) In case of print media the service provider is the Sunday Times.
(3) Invitation of applicants for vacancies.