29 June 2018 - NW2015
Mokgalapa, Mr S to ask the MINISTER OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1) What are the details of the (a) number of accidents that vehicles owned by his department were involved (i) in each of the past three financial years and (ii) since 1 April 2018, (b) cost for repairs in each case and (c)(i) number of and (ii) reasons for vehicles being written off in each case; 2) Whether all vehicles owned by his department have tracking devices installed?
Details of vehicle accidents/incidents owned by the Department over the three financial years are as follows:
- 2015/16 - Four (4), three incidents involved chips/cracks on windscreens, and the 4th vehicle was written off. Total cost of repairs in 2015/16 amounted to R20 876.13
- 2016/17 - 2 (Two) - one vehicle was involved in a pile-up accident, and the other one involved a windscreen replacement. No vehicle was written off. Total cost of repairs for 2016/17 amounted to R36 534.03
- 2017/18 - 3 (Three) - one vehicle had bumper repair, and the second vehicle a fog light and bottom bumper grill had to be repaired. The third incident involved repair of rear light glass. No vehicle was written off. Total cost of repairs for 2017/18 amounted to R12 918.00
- Since 1 April 2018 - No accidents have occurred.
Details on tracking devices are not made publicly available.