21 May 2018 - NW1248
Bagraim, Mr M to ask the Minister of Labour
(1)Why were certain officials (names and details furnished) removed from their positions in 2016; (2) were there any disciplinary steps taken against the specified individuals; if so, (a) why, (b) what steps were taken, (c) where are the specified individuals currently employed and (d) have their salaries decreased?
(1) The officials were removed from their positions following disciplinary steps taken against them.
(2) (a) The officials were removed from their positions following an investigation and discplinary hearings that were convened.
(2) (b) Mr T Thejane was issued with a final written warning and suspended without pay for one (1) month. Ms A Bobani was issued with a final written warning, suspended without pay for one (1) month and demoted from the level of Deputy-Director to Assistant-Director.
(2) (c ) Mr T Thejane is currently employed as the Chief Director: Communications and Ms A Bobani is employed as the Assistant-Director: UIF.
(2) (d) The salary of Mr T Thejane did not decrease but the salary of Ms A Bobani decreased from the level of Deputy-Director to Assistant-Director.