Question NW1177 to the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services

Share this page:

11 May 2018 - NW1177

Profile picture: Horn, Mr W

Horn, Mr W to ask the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services

With regard to his reply to question 2714 on 16 January 2017, (a) what steps will he take to ensure that the correct authority within his department actually carries out the instructions of the court and (b) by what date?


The Judge will only grant an order/deliver judgment after considering the application or evidence, depending on the nature of the proceedings. In Civil Matters, the order will be made available to all parties after it has been granted. It is the responsibility of the party seeking the relief to ensure that the order is enforced.

Therefore, the Office of the Chief Justice is not the correct authority to implement the court order. The reply to question 2714 of 16 January 2017 still stands.

Source file