05 May 2027 - NW932
Majola, Mr F to ask the Minister of Public Service and Administration
(1)Whether there is any position of (a) chief executive officer, (b) chief financial officer and/or (c) chief operating officer that is currently vacant in each entity reporting to him; if so, (i) how long has each specified position been vacant and (ii) what is the reason for each vacancy; (2) Have the vacancies been advertised; if so, (a) were interviews done and (b) on what date will the vacancies be filled; (3) (a) what is the total number of persons who are currently employed in the specified positions in an acting capacity, (b) for what period has each person been acting in each position and (c) has any of the specified persons applied for the positions?
- The Department of Public Service and Administration (a) does not have a chief executive officer position, (b) the chief financial officer position is filled (c) does not have a chief operating officer position
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (PSC)
The Public Service Commission (PSC) is an independent Constitutional body, and its budget is appropriated via the Minister of Public Service and Administration.
- The PSC has no vacancy to this effect.
- Not applicable, please see (1) above
- Not applicable, please see (a) and (b) above.
- (a) No, (b) No, (c) No
- Not applicable, (ii) Not applicable
- Not applicable
- Not applicable
1. National School of Government (NSG) is a Schedule 1 national department Equivalent positions in the NSG referred to in question 1 above are: (a) Principal, (b) Chief Financial Officer and (c) Deputy Director General: Corporate Management. Both the positions of Principal and CFO are currently filled. The post of Deputy Director General: Corporate Management (DDG: CM) has been vacant since 01 August 2016.
2. The DDG: CM position was advertised on 09 December 2016. Interviews were scheduled for 22 March 2017 but has to be postponed. A new date for interviews will be scheduled, in consultation with the NSG, by the Ministry.
3. Two Chief Directors have been appointed to act in the position on a three months rotational basis since the post became vacant. One of the two Chief Directors in in the second rotational term of three months, which ends on 30 April 2017. The other Chief Director has only acted for one rotational three months term. Both Chief Directors have applied for the vacant position.