27 September 2016 - NW1683
Lorimer, Mr JR to ask the Minister of Mineral Resources
(1) With reference to his reply to question 1418 on 11 August 2016, what (a) were the terms and conditions of the specified mining permit that was not complied with that led to the specified permit’s withdrawal and (b) is the relationship between the communal property association and the original claimants to the specified portion of land; (2) whether all members of the specified communal property association are original land claimants; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (3) whether any safety inspections have been conducted on the specified operation (a) in (i) 2013, (ii) 2014 and (iii) 2015 and (b) since 1 January 2016; if not, in each case, why not; if so, in each case, what are the relevant details; (4) whether any administrative notices have been issued to Oersonskraal Mining (Pty) Ltd since the granting of the specified mining permit; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (5) what are the full relevant details regarding the value of benefits transferred by Oersonskraal Mining (Pty) Ltd to the specified communal property association since it commenced operations on the specified portion of land?
1. (a)There were no terms and conditions of the permit as the permit was not issued.
(b)The Department of Rural Development and Land Affairs will be in a better position to respond to this question
2. The department Rural Development and Land Affairs will be in a better position to respond to this question
3. Should be referred to Mine Health and Safety
4. A notice in terms of section 93 of the MPRDA was issued on 17 August 2011. Issues to be addressed related to Environmental matters as well as implementation of the Social and Labour Plan.
5. The right holders are not obliged to report to the Department of any payments made to communities.
Mr MJ Zwane, MP
Minister of Mineral Resources