23 November 2022 - NW4010
Sharif, Ms NK to ask the Minister in The Presidency for Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities
What (a) is the current status of the task team set up by her Office to explore options to manufacture sanitary products in-house to ensure that schoolgirls have access to free sanitary products as part of the Sanitary Dignity Programme of her Office and (b) are the relevant details of any findings and/or recommendations the specified task team has made in this regard to date?
- A National Task Team has been established and the following three departments are working in collaboration; Department of Women, Youth & Persons with Disabilities (DWYPD), Department of Small Business & Development (DSBD) and National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) for the sanitary dignity economic value chain program.
- The project seeks to explore entry points and opportunities for increased participation of Women, youth, & Persons with Disabilities (WYPD) in the Sanitary Dignity Program (SDP) value chains.
- The SDP Economic Value Chain is implemented in five sectors namely; Manufacturing, Procurement, Production, Distribution and Disposal.
- The Final report (Business Case) has now been produced.
- The next step is through DSBD is to ensure that the Business Case is to be costed with (NT) based on recommendations in the Business Case and to be ready for implementation in the 2022/23 Financial Year.
Approved by Minister
Ms M Nkoana-Mashabane, MP