10 September 2021 - NW1964
Groenewald, Mr IM to ask the Minister of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment
1. What total number of municipalities in each province have applied for and received waste licences for hazardous waste activities in terms of section 45 of the National Environmental Management: Waste Act, Act59 of 2008, from her department; 2. whether she will make a statement on the matter?
1. There are only two municipalities in South Africa that applied in terms of section 45 of the National Environment Management: Waste Act, 2008 (Act No. 59 of 2008), namely:
- Cape Town Metropolitan Municipality applied for and received a Waste Management Licence for the disposal of both General and Hazardous Waste.
- Eden District Municipality applied for and received a waste management licence for the Disposal of both General and Hazardous Waste.
2. All licences issued in terms of waste listed activities can be found on the South African Waste Information Centre website on http://sawic.environment.gov.za/?menu=88
MS B D CREECY, MP
MINISTER OF FORESTRY, FISHERIES AND THE ENVIRONMENT