Question NW1375 to the Minister of Social Development

Share this page:

22 June 2021 - NW1375

Profile picture: Arries, Ms LH

Arries, Ms LH to ask the Minister of Social Development

What steps has she taken to resolve the non-payment of grants due to early childhood development practitioners in the Republic?


The budget process of Government requires that all requests for roll-over on unspent funds be submitted to the relevant Treasuries. All provincial Departments of Social Development have applied for roll overs with their respective Provincial Treasuries for consideration. The Department has been engaging regularly with National Treasury to try and expedite this matter and make regular follow-ups, noting that all relevant process ought to be followed accordingly. Only once the roll overs requests are approved, the qualifying employees will receive their payment.

Source file