21 June 2021 - NW1725
McGluwa, Mr JJ to ask the Minister of Home Affairs
(1)What (a) is the total number of staff members employed Home Affairs office in London and (b)(i) are the names and (ii) designation of each staff member; (2) whether the office is currently fully operational with all staff on duty full-time; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details; (3) whether all mandated services are currently being provided by the office; if not, (a) what services are not being provided and (b) on what date will the services resume; (4) what (a) are the operating hours of the office, (b) is the reason that appointments for passports and birth registration are only conducted between 11h00 and 14h00 and (c) is the duration of each appointment?
(1) The total number of officials deployed by the Department of Home Affairs is three (3). There is support staff (locally recruited) employed by Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) and placed in the Civic Services =six (6), Immigration Services =two (2) and Administration =two (2). The names and designations of the officials deployed by the Department of Home Affairs are as follows:
- Ms Elizabeth Nkone Aphane Counsellor: Immigration and Civic Services (Salary level 11)
- Mr Ramoshoane Adam Sethosa as Second Secretary: Immigration and Civic Services (Salary level 8)
- Ms Tshepiso Emma Kube as Second Secretary: Immigration and Civic Services (Salary level 8)
2. The office is currently fully operational, Ms E.N Aphane is currently on leave as of 24 May to 30 June 2021
3. Applications for Permanent Residence are suspended on a National level and will commence once the Department of Home Affairs declares the services open.
4. Operations are from 9h00 to 15H00. All appointments are from 9h00 to 13h00 and the office serve`s 10 clients per hour operating from 15 Whitehall, London sw1a 2DD. The High Commission do not occupy a property at the above post code.