03 December 2020 - NW2795
De Freitas, Mr MS to ask the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology
(1)With reference to the Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority and the online management system, (a) what are the reasons that a new system was implemented and (b) on what date did the new system commence; (2) (a) to whom was the tender awarded to operate and maintain the new system, (b) how were they selected, (c) what criteria were used to select them and (d) what are the terms and conditions set out in the tender; (3) (a) what are the key performance indicators (KPIs) that have to be met in each month, (b) what are the specified KPIs measured that are used to in each case and (c) how are the penalties that are imposed if KPIs are not met and (d) what criteria are used to terminate the tender?
The following responses were received from the Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sport Sector Education and Training Authority (CATHSSETA).
(1) (a) The aim was to deploy an integrated system that will assist in integrating and automating most of CATHSSETA’s processes to eliminate duplication of efforts, improve business efficiency, comply with legislation and government policies, and promote good governance. The integrated modules of the system are:
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Skills Development (Education and Training Quality Assurance and Learning Programmes)
(b) The system was implemented in the following phases:
- Human Resource Management modules commenced on 1 August 2019
- Finance module commenced on 1 September 2019
- Skills Development modules commenced on 1 August 2020.
- Supply Chain Management module commenced on 1 November 2020
(2) (a) The tender was awarded to Dajo Technologies.
(b) A competitive bidding process was followed.
(c) Functionality, price and black economic empowerment criteria as per the attached terms of reference.
(d) The terms and conditions set out in the tender are as per the attached terms of reference, as well as the contract entered into between CATHSSETA and Dajo Technologies.
(3) (a) A project charter was developed and signed by both parties, which outlined project phases with specific deliverables per phase and expected delivery dates.
(b) The project phases with specific deliverables per phase and expected delivery dates are outlined in the project charter.
(c) In terms of the agreement between CATHSSETA and Dajo Technologies, the penalty clause empowers CATHSSETA to enforce penalties against the service provider for service delays and defects, particularly if the service provider solely causes the delays or defects. The penalties are guided by the project charter, which provides a detailed implementation plan with specific deliverables. Schedule 1 of the contract provides the details.
(d) The agreement between CATHSSETA and Dajo Technologies provides for termination based on specific conditions set out in the signed contract.