16 November 2020 - NW2464
Masango, Ms B to ask the Minister of Social Development
(1)Regarding the recruitment process within her department, (a) on what date was the position of General Manager: Fraud and Compliance advertised and (b) what (i) criteria were used to recruit the candidate and (ii) interview process was followed; (2) whether the candidate was asked to declare anything; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the details of what was declared; (3) whether a certain person (name furnished) was a candidate for a position in her department; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, (4) whether the candidate has been withdrawn; if so, on what grounds?
1) (a) The position of General Manager: Fraud and Compliance was advertised on 08 September 2019, with the closing date of 23 September 2019. (b) (i) the following criteria was utilised to recruit the candidate:
- NQF Level 7 qualification;
- Five (5) years’ experience at Senior Managerial level in the relevant field;
- Employment Equity Target: African Female, Coloured Female and African Male;
- Valid drivers’ license;
- Computer Literacy; and
- SA Citizenship / Permanent Resident.
(b) (ii) the following interview process was followed:
- Interview session (question and answer session) (80%);
- Technical Test (20%) (Presentation)
(2)The candidate was not asked to declare anything since this is not part of the process, however, the process requires that candidates complete the HR checklist. Amongst the questions outlined in the mentioned checklist, these two (2) questions are included: (a) Have you ever been dismissed or is there any pending disciplinary actions, cases against you; and (b) are you aware of anything that can hamper your service delivery in the post. The answers to both questions were “no”.
(3) The mentioned name was the selected candidate for the position of General Manager: Fraud and Compliance Management.
(4) The candidate was not withdrawn, he declined the offer through an email dated 21 July 2020, wherein he indicated that certain personal issues had arisen which prevent him from accepting the offer and he further expressed his sincere gratitude for the HCM team’s professionalism.
National AssemblyWritten Reply: 2464 of 2020
Approved by the Minister of Social Development