21 August 2020 - NW1702
Wilson, Ms ER to ask the Minister of Health
(1)What was the (a) original quote his department received for the new hospital at Bethal, Mpumalanga and (b) final cost of the new hospital; (2) why was there a discrepancy between the original quote for the hospital and the final cost; (3) to whom did his department award the contract to (a) build and (b) equip the hospital in each case; (4) on what date was the new hospital originally due to be (a) completed and (b) opened; (5) on what date was the new hospital actually opened?
1. (a) The estimated costs for Bethal Hospital in Mpumalanga was estimated to be R629,901,000. That consisted of Professional Service Provider fees to the value of R60,901,000 and then Construction costs for phases 01 to 03 to the value of R569,000,000.00.
(b) The estimated final costs of the project is valued at R659,901,000.00
2. The discrepancy between the planned and actuals can be attributed to an approved variation order for procurement of medical equipment and furniture for the amount of R30,000,000.00.
3. The contract was awarded to Clear Choice Builders.
4. (a) The estimated completion of the project was the 30th of October 2020.
(b) Given an actual start date of the 10th of October 2016, Phase 1 and 2 of the project was completed in May 2020.
5. A sectional hand over was achieved for Phase 1 and 2 of the project. The project however is still in Phase 3 and not yet complete.