29 July 2020 - NW1631
Van Dyk, Ms V to ask the MINISTER OF SPORT, ARTS AND CULTURE
1. With reference to his reply to question 1272 on 20 July 2020, (a) on what date did the investigation take place, (b) what were the findings of the specified investigation and (c) on what date is it envisaged that action will be taken with regard to the findings; 2. whether the appointment process will be reversed, if not, why not; if so, why; 3. whether the person appointed according to the flawed process will be eligible to apply and be considered for appointment when in a new process of employment for the post; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details; 4. (a) for what period was the specified person appointed in the position and (b) will the specified person be subject to punitive costs when the appointment is reversed?
1. (a).The NLSA’s Board of Directors met on 13 July 2020 and resolved that the matter be referred to the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee (HR&REMCo). HR&REMCo will conduct an investigation and put forward recommendations to the Board for approval.
(b). No findings can be reported at this stage.
(c). The report with recommendations from HR&REMCo to the Board will guide the Board’s actions with regards to the implementation of the recommendations.
2. The Board will be guided by the outcome and recommendations of the investigation on the remedial action to be taken
3. Any candidate that meets the requirements of the post is eligible to apply.
The requirements of the post will be in-line with the approved job description.
4. (a). The specified person is appointed on a three-year fixed-term contract.
(b). At this point it is premature to pre-empt the outcome of the investigation.