19 December 2019 - NW1598
Mbabama, Ms TM to ask the Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
What number of land reform farms are leased to beneficiaries in the Mpumalanga; (2) what (a) is the total number of state-owned farms that do not have a lease agreement currently in place and (b) are the reasons that there is no lease agreement in place; (3) what (a) is the total income received by the State for the lease on each land and (b) are the details of the bank account where the money for the leases must be paid?
- Some farms which were previously allocated are in the process of being reallocated.
- There are instances where multiple farmers have been allocated a single farm, which has not yet been officially subdivided hence lease units are still being created.
- Some leases are currently being taken through administrative lease approval processes.
- Some farms are occupied by farm dwellers hence land rights enquiries are still being conducted.
- Some farms are in the process of being transferred to farm dwellers.
- There are instances where the beneficiaries are still sorting out issues relating to the legal entity that must contract with Government.
- Some farms are no longer leasable since they are occupied by communities.
- There are instances of illegal invasion, which impacts on orderly allocation processes.
- Disputes among beneficiaries.
- There have been changes in the leasing policy in the past three years, which impacted on the conclusion of leases.
(3)(a) R375 819.00 (April – November 2019).
- Agricultural Land Holding Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 407 449 8283
- Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 405 400 6793