19 December 2019 - NW1597
Kruger, Mr HC to ask the Minister of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development
What number of land reform farms are leased to beneficiaries in the Limpopo; (2) what (a) is the total number of state-owned farms that do not have a lease agreement currently in place and (b) are the reasons that there is no lease agreement in place; (3) what (a) is the total income received by the State for the lease on each land and (b) are the details of the bank account where the money for the leases must be paid?
- Some farms are still in the process of being allocated to lessees.
- Some previously allocated farms are in the process of being reallocated.
- There are instances of illegal invasion of farms.
- There are instances of disputes with lessees regarding the suitability of the farm, which result in refusal by prospective lessees to sign lease agreements whilst the matters giving rise to a dispute are still being dealt with.
- Some farms are no longer leasable since they are occupied by communities.
- There are instances where multiple farmers have been allocated a single farm, which has not yet been officially subdivided hence lease units are still being created.
- There have been changes in the leasing policy in the past three years, which impacted on the conclusion of leases.
(3)(a) R252 391.00 (April – November 2019).
- Agricultural Land Holding Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 407 449 8283
- Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Account: ABSA Bank Account No.: 405 400 6793